Manufactured by the reputable Galderma, Tri Luma cream is a triple-action formula with hydroquinone 4%, tretinoin 0.05% and Fluocinolone 0.01% to cure melasma, hyperpigmentation, freckles, dark spots, skin inflammation and other skin conditions.
Tri Luma is an FDA approved melasma treatment with 3 active ingredients uniquely combined for short-term treatment of dark spots associated with moderate to severe facial melasma.
- Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.01%- It is a mild corticosteroid that reduces inflammation.
- Hydroquinone 4%- It is a depigmenting agent that interrupts the formation and synthesis of melanin to help lighten the skin.
- Tretinoin 0.05%- It works by increasing the skin cell turnover, which helps exfoliate the skin.
How to Use Tri Luma Cream?
- Gently wash your face and neck before using the cream with a mild soapless cleanser.
- Rinse and pat dry the skin.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area, once daily, 30 minutes before bedtime or as directed by your doctor.
- Rub the cream gently to get it absorbed into the skin.
- Don’t bandage or cover-up the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- The cream is indicated for topical application only.
- Use a good quality sunscreen as the treated skin becomes more sensitive to the sun. Avoid exposure to sunlight, artificial UV lights, sun lamps, extreme heat, wind or cold.
- To avoid dryness, use moisturizer, after washing the treated area.
- Don’t use any other cosmetic products on the treated area.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth.
- Don’t apply lesser or more quantity of the cream than instructed. Applying an excessive amount may result in skin peeling.
Side Effects of Tri Luma Cream
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using Tri Luma cream which include acne, dryness, itching, erythema, skin peeling or black-blue discolouration on the skin or severe irritation. If condition persists, consult your doctor immediately. Stop using the cream if you face any allergic reaction to the ingredients.