Benefits of SkinLite Cream
Manufactured by Zydus Cadila, SkinLite cream is composed of salts of Hydroquinone 2%, Mometasone 0.1% and Tretinoin 0.025% as active ingredients. Together they are used to fight chronic skin disorder melasma, acne, eczema, dark spots, age spots, freckles and various other conditions associated with skin discolourations. Hydroquinone present in the cream is used for skin lightening.
The cream is often prescribed to patients with hyperpigmentation and darker skin areas. Hydroquinone in the cream inhibits an enzyme called tyrosinase which is important for the biosynthesis of melanin. Inhibiting tyrosinase inhibits melanin production leading to skin lightening.
Mometasone is a steroid which blocks certain chemical messengers that make skin red, swollen and itchy. Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A that helps the skin to renew itself by removing fine lines and wrinkles. The cream also helps reduce scars, marks, blemishes and dark circles under the eyes.
How To Use SkinLite Cream
- The cream is for external use only.
- Use as per instructed by your doctor or as described on the label.
- It is usually advised to use once daily at night.
- Clean and dry the affected area before applying the cream.
- Avoid any contact with eyes, mouth and nose.
- The cream makes skin sensitive to sunlight. So, always use protective clothing or apply sunscreen especially on the treated areas before stepping out in the sun.
- Don’t apply more or less cream than instructed by your doctor. It is usually recommended to apply a thin layer to avoid skin peeling.
- Don’t apply on the broken or infected areas of skin.
- Don’t use this cream if you’re allergic to any of its ingredients.
- It is advisable to discuss your medical history and current health conditions before he recommends you to use this cream.
- Avoid exposure to sun or artificial UV rays.
Side Effects of SkinLite Cream
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using SkinLite cream which include- burning or stinging sensation on applied area, skin peeling, blistering, redness, photosensitivity, burning and irritation. Stop using the cream and consult your doctor immediately if any of these conditions persist.