- 2x - 04%
- 3x - 05%
- 4x - 10%
- 5x - 15%
- 6x - 21%
Mometasone Furoate Cream 0.1% Dermanex
Mometasone Furoate cream is manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd. It is used to prevent and treat the conditions like inflammation, redness severe skin allergies, etc.
Uses of Mometasone Cream
Manufactured by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Mometasone Furoate cream is used to treat skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, allergies, and rashes. Mometasone decreases swelling, inflammation, redness and itching. Mometasone is a medium-strength corticosteroid.
Psoriasis is a skin condition in which itchy, scaly, pink patches develop on the elbows, knees, scalp and other parts of the body. You can also buy mometasone furoate cream over the counter even without the prescription.
How Does Mometasone Furoate Cream Work?
The cream is a steroid. It works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers like prostaglandins that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. It also works by suppressing or partially preventing the effect of the immune system.
Directions for Use
- The cream is for external use only. Apply this cream as per instructed by your doctor or check the label for directions for use.
- Clean and dry the affected area and apply the mometasone furoate cream.
- Wash your hands before and after applying the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream on the affected areas 2-3 times daily or as instructed by your doctor.
- Don’t use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Don’t cover the treated area with air-tight dressings such as bandages unless instructed by your doctor, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think that the affected area of the skin has become infected, then immediately stop using the mometasone cream and consult your doctor.
- Consult the doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2 weeks of treatment.
- The medicine is for certain areas of the skin only. Don’t use it on the face, groin, or underarms, unless told by the doctor to do so.
Side Effects of Mometasone Furoate Cream
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using mometasone cream which includes headache, swelling of nose, throat, and sinuses, fever or chills, acne, burning, itching and irritation of the skin, difficulty in breathing, etc.