Melamet Cream – Hydroquinone & Tretinoin, Mometasone Furoate
Melamet cream is manufactured by UTL. It is made up of three active ingredients that contribute to healthier and smoother skin. The cream treats acne and wrinkles along with treating hyperpigmentation, melasma, dark spots and freckles.
Manufactured by UTL, melamet cream is a scientifically proven 3-way formula that is made up of three active ingredients tretinoin 0.025%, hydroquinone 2% and mometasone 0.1% that contribute to healthier and smoother skin. The cream is used to treat acne, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, melasma, dark spots and freckles.
Tretinoin 0.025%: It is a derivative of vitamin A also known as retinoic acid, used for reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Hydroquinone 2%: It is an effective skin bleaching and lightening agent. It inhibits the melanin production in the skin thus making it lighter and brighter. It also reduces dark spots.
Mometasone 0.1%: It is an anti-inflammatory component to reduce skin inflammation, redness and itching.
How to Use Melamet Cream?
- The cream with hydroquinone, tretinoin and mometasone furoate is intended for use in the affected areas of the skin.
- Follow the instructions given by your dermatologist.
- It is generally once a day before bedtime.
- The duration of treatment depends on the symptoms and generally, a dermatologist decides how long it has to be used.
- Your dermatologist may also schedule regular appointments to monitor the effects and progress.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose and mouth. In case of accidental contact, wash thoroughly with plenty of water.
- Keep away from the reach of children.
- The cream increases the sensitivity of the skin. Avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight. Apply a good quality sunscreen and use protective clothing before stepping out in the sun. Avoid sunlamps, artificial UV rays, etc.
- Apply the cream exactly as directed by your doctor. Don’t stop using without his consultation.
- Not recommended to be used by pregnant or breast-feeding women unless directed by the doctor.
Side Effects of Melamet Cream
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using melamet cream which include skin irritation, burning sensation, stinging and redness. If any of these conditions persist, or if you experience any allergic reaction of the cream, stop using the cream and immediately consult your doctor.