Melalite Cream for Pigmentation
Melalite cream, manufactured by Abbott India Ltd. acts as a skin bleaching agent that works by inhibiting an enzyme reaction in skin cells
Hydroquinone in the cream decreases the formation of melanin in the skin. It is a pigment in the skin that gives a brown colour to the skin. Hydroquinone 4% cream lightens the dark skin such as freckles, age spots, melisma and chloasma.
General Instructions for Using Melalite Cream
- Before using this medicine, discuss with your doctor your medical history, or other skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis. Do not apply this cream if you face any allergic reactions to it.
- It is recommended to apply melalite cream for pigmentation to the affected areas of the skin generally twice a day or as instructed by your doctor.
- Avoid any contact with eyes, nose or mouth. Avoid long sun exposures and sunlamps, and tanning booths. Use this medication regularly and complete the recommended course.
- Do not use hydroquinone 4 percent cream on the skin that is sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped or irritated, not even on an open wound. This would only make the conditions worse.
- Wait until the skin conditions come to normal before applying the hydroquinone topical cream. Avoid getting any contact with eyes or mouth. If it does get into any of these areas, rinse with water.
- Avoid using skin products that can cause irritation, like harsh soaps, shampoos or skin cleansers, hair colouring or any chemicals, hair removers or waxes. Avoid skin products with alcohol, spices, astringents or lime. Do not use any other medicinal products unless discussed with your doctor.
- Avoid sun exposure or artificial UV rays and sunlamps. Use sunscreen of a minimum of SPF30 or wear protective clothing if you want to step out in the sun.
Side Effects of Melalite Forte Cream
- You may experience some of the mild or severe side effects of using melalite cream.
- Mild burning, redness, stinging, and dryness may occur as side effects of using this medicine. Some serious side effects may include skin cracking, blistering or blue-black darkening of the skin.
Strictly follow the instructions as per directed by your doctor. Try taking your medication regularly. If in case of any missed dose, apply the same as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for the regular one, then follow that dosage. Do not take extra medications to make up for the missed ones.
If you are regularly missing your doses, try setting an alarm for every day or tell any family member to remind you from time to time.
Where to Buy Hydroquinone 4?
You can buy hydroquinone 4% cream over the counter or online as per directed by your doctor.