Glycolic Acid Cream(Glyco-A)
Glycolic Acid cream 6 and 12 are manufactured by Micro Labs. It contains Glycolic acid which is a holy grail for exfoliation and effectively removing dead cells leaving brighter and fresher skin.
Glycolic acid is a naturally occurring substance called alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) and can easily be found in products such as fruits, milk and sugar cane. Glyco Acid cream is used for treating fine lines, acne, blackheads, dullness, oiliness, inflammation, bloating, and other conditions. Glycolic acid cream works by healing the ultraviolet burned skin by producing an anti-inflammatory effect.
How Does Glycolic Acid Cream Work?
As soon as you apply this cream, glycolic acid reacts with the upper layer of the epidermis, weakening the binding properties of the lipids that hold the dead skin cells together. Thus, this allows the stratum corneum to be exfoliated, exposing live skin cells.
The medication has an exfoliating effect in order to help break up dead skin cells which have come together in unhealthy ways which lead to healthier skin. By this cream, one can treat; preventing acne, fading of scars caused by acne, lightening of the skin colour and also treats wrinkles for an anti-ageing effect.
How to Use Glyco Acid Cream
- Use this medicine exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Begin by using it only at nights when you first start using Glyco.
- Apply a layer of Glycolic Acid cream on freshly cleansed skin and then apply moisturizer or sunscreen before makeup
- Don’t wash the area immediately after applying the cream. Also, don’t apply any other products on the treated area.
- Do that up to 4 weeks. If, after four weeks, your skin experiences no side-effects, you can start using Glycolic Acid cream during the daytime.
- Wash your hands before and after applying this cream
- Avoid this medication from getting into your eyes, nose or mouth.
Benefits of Using Glyco A Cream
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Exfoliates the epidermis layer and activates the cell- renewal process.
- Smoothens the skin.
- Lightens the skin tone and tightens the pores.
- This cream is used for treating fine lines, acne, blackheads, dullness, and oiliness. This product is not a miracle product and so you should not expect results overnight. Generally, it shall take 4 to 5 months to show you a significant reduction if in your acne scars and pimple marks.
- It removes dark spots, marks and also discolouration.
- Treats pitted acne scars and make them smooth.
- Before using this cream, inform your doctor about your current medications, allergies, pre-existing diseases and other health conditions
- Avoid Sun Exposure
- Consult your doctor about applying on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated or skin burnt skin
- Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember or apply it on your daily time
- Do not stop using this cream without consulting your doctor
- Store at the temperature from 15-25 °C
- Keep out of reach of small children
Side-Effects of Glycolic Acid
You may experience some of the minor or major side-effects of using Glycolic acid cream which include-
- Light Irritation
- Redness of skin
- Black or brown spots