- 2x - 04%
- 3x - 05%
- 4x - 10%
- 5x - 15%
- 6x - 21%
Fucidin Cream 15g | Fusidic Acid 2% Cream
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream is manufactured by Sun Pharma. As the name suggests, it contains 2% of fusidic acid that helps to cure and elevate several bacterial infections of the skin. It treats skin infections around nails, infected wounds, hair follicles, and infected eczema.
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream is manufactured by a popular pharma company called Sun Pharma. The cream has antibacterial properties which help to kill certain kinds of bacteria, especially staphylococcal bacteria that cause infection. It is used to treat impetigo, infected dermatitis, infected cuts and grazes infected eczema, and skin infection around nails, hair follicles, and wounds. With all these features, it is considered one of the best creams in the industry to treat such problems.
How Does Fusidic Acid in the Cream Work?
Fucidin cream is an antibacterial cream that cures many skin problems. It has an active ingredient called fusidic acid in a concentration of 2%. The cream works by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria right from the source. It does not kill the bacteria directly but makes them impotent and makes them unable to replicate in number. The remaining bacteria are usually killed by the immune system causing the infection to be cleared up from the roots.
Composition of Fucidin:
The composition of Fucidin Cream includes three major components which include:
- Fusidic Acid 2%
- Potassium Sorbate IP 2.7%
- In water-miscible cream base q.s.
How to Use Fucidin Cream?
- Before applying any cream, wash your hands thoroughly to make sure there is no stone left unturned for any kind of contamination.
- Apply the cream to the infected area at least 3-4 times a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Make sure that the cream does not enter your mouth, nose, or eyes. In case it happens, immediately rinse off the excessive cream.
- Use the cream as instructed by the doctor. If you see the signs of bacterial infection have gone away completely, consult your doctor before stopping the application.
- Use the cream for at least a week to see how it reacts and settles on your skin. If everything is fine, you can consult your doctor and start using the medicine regularly.
- Before you start with the application, consult your doctor about any medication that you have been using prior.
- Tell your doctor about any previous medical condition especially related to skin or allergies that you know of.
- If your infection doe snot gets better within 4-5 weeks of the application of the cream, consult your doctor about the same.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you see signs of any bacterial skin infection after the treatment.
- Do not use the medication any longer than the prescribed dosage. Over-application can cause damage to the skin and can cause the bacteria to become immune to the medicine.
- Keep away from the reach of children or animals.
Side Effects of Fucidin Cream
While using the Fucidin Cream, you might experience some minor side effects initially. These side effects include- skin rashes, itching, pain, stinging, burning sensation, redness, or contact dermatitis. These side effects are pretty uncommon side meaning that only 1 in 100 or 1000 people get them. Even rare side effects include hives, conjunctivitis, and skin blistering (1 in 1000 or 10,000 people).
Allergic reactions to Fusidic Acid Cream may include swelling of the skin, throat, face, or tongue or difficulty in breathing. Stop using the cream immediately if you come across such problems. Consult your doctor immediately.
Uses of Fusidic Acid Cream
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream is used to heal a variety of wounds. For example, eczema, bacterial infection, and diseases caused due to cuts, etc. Regular and consistent use of the cream is super helpful in such conditions.
Fusidic Acid Cream composition
Fusidic acid, as very clear from the name, is the active ingredient in Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream. 20% means that each gram of cream contains 20 mg of fusidic acid. The other ingredients are butyl hydroxy anisole (E320), cetyl alcohol, glycerol (E422), liquid paraffin, potassium sorbate (E202), polysorbate 60 (E435), white soft paraffin, hydrochloric acid for pH adjustment, purified water.
Dosage of Fusidic Acid Cream
Use the Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream twice a day and make sure that you are consistent in the usage. Do not skip any dose. Incas you skipped one dose, apply it as soon as you remember. However, the difference between each dose must be at least by 5 hours. If you remember it very close to the time for the second dose, skip the first one and follow your routine. Always set an alarm so that you don’t forget.
Fusidic acid, as very clear from the name, is the active ingredient in Fucidin Cream. 20% means that each gram of cream contains 20 mg of fusidic acid. The acid helps the skin to inhibit the growth of bacteria.
Fucidin Cream should be stored in a cool and dry place. Please do not refrigerate the cream as it is completely unnecessary. Make sure the cream is below 30 degrees Celcius. Do not expose the Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream to direct sunlight as it can cause a chemical change in the composition. It must also be kept out of the reach of children or animals.
Fusidic Acid Cream Benefits
Fucidin Cream helps to inhibit the growth of the bacteria in the body that causes skin diseases. It puts an end to many kinds of bacteria that can cause thighs like bacterial infection or eczema.
Precautions and Warning
- Do not use the cream with other chemical products as it can hamper the chemical process of healing.
- Always make sure that the cream is kept out of sun exposure.
- Do not go out in the sun after the application of the cream as it can cause side effects.
- It increases the sensitivity to tanning booths and sun lamps. Hence, avoid them as much as possible.
- Make sure not to use the cream if it is expired, or the seal is broken.
- Do not buy fake products or low-quality medicines online.
- Do not change or stop the prescription unless discussed with your doctor
- In case you have missed the dose, do not try to overcompensate.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and animals as it can have a harmful impact on their sensitive skin.
- Make sure to keep the cream out of sun exposure as it can change the chemical composition.
- Do not wear the cream and go into the sun without using good quality sunscreen and protective clothing.
- Do not use expired products which can cause reactions to the skin.
- In case the cream gets into your eyes, mouth, or nose, rinse it off immediately.
- In case of ingestion, immediately contact your doctor.
- If the side effects persist for a long time or continue to worsen, contact your doctor and stop using the cream immediately.
- In case there is no effect after using the cream for 2-3 weeks, contact your doctor.
Buying Guide of Fusidic Acid Cream
Fucidin Cream can be bought online on the Livayush website at a much cheaper price than other websites. Major interesting offers are also applicable if you buy in bulk. You can also get the medication over the counter.
When do you apply Fucidin cream?
You can apply Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream twice a day in the morning and evening. Make sure your hands and face are cleaned before the application. Always protect your skin from the sun and other heat-related objects as the application of the cream can cause sensitivity.
Is fusidic acid an antifungal?
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream can treat many fungal and bacterial infections. It is one of the best creams on the market and is completely safe to use as it is FDA-approved. It can treat problems like eczema, infections on the skin near the nail, etc.
Is Fucidin ointment good for open wounds?
No, do not use the Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream on open wounds as it can cause a burning sensation. It is better to consult your doctor first before any kind of application of the cream.
Is fusidic acid a steroid?
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream is not a steroid. It elevates skin diseases by blocking the multiplication of bacteria. It does not kill bacteria but blocks their reproduction of it.
How do you know if Fucidin is working?
Once you start applying Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream on your skin you will start noticing the effect within 3-4 weeks. Make sure that you are using the cream consistently and without skipping the dosage. Do not overapply to get results faster as it can damage your skin.
What skin infections does Fucidin treat?
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream treats all kinds of bacterial infections. It might be instrumental in treating other kinds of infections too. However, it is better to take the advice of your doctor before using it for other problems.
How fast does Fucidin cream work?
Fucidin Fusidic Acid 2% Cream will start to show some visible changes after 3-4 weeks of application. However, it is very important to be consistent with the usage. If you skip the medicine, do not over-apply or try to over-compensate by any means.
There are no reviews yet.
There are no reviews yet.