Demelan cream manufactured by Glenmark Pharma has benefits of three active ingredients,
- Kojic Acid
- Glycolic Acid
Two of the above, reduce hyperpigmentation and the other one is used for the cell renewal process. With these three active ingredients, visible results can be seen in up to 4 weeks. Also, further improvement can be seen as you continue the treatment
The cream is used for treating discolouration of the skin caused by the sun, facial marks due to acne, pimples or eczema and brown patches, spots or marks due to hormonal treatment. It helps in lightening the pregnancy marks after childbirth.
How to Use Demelan Cream?
Demelan cream can be used along with your daily skincare regime. It is recommended that you start by applying it every second day for the 1st week.
- Apply a small amount of cream to the affected areas in the evening after your daily cleansing routine.
- Apply your cream before moisturizer to create a barrier between the treatment and your skin.
- It should not be used in place of your normal moisturizer.
- A sunscreen with SPF30 or higher should be applied during the day and avoid prolonged sun exposure while treating pigmentation problems.
- Don’t expose this cream to eyelids, mouth corners, nose or any injured or burned parts of the skin.
- Stop the treatment at once after the discoloured areas return to normal.
- The treatment should be continued only under the guidance of a health care professional.
Demelan cream should not be used with other pigment reducing treatments.
Not at all recommended for the person under the age of 18, pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting the doctor.
Side-Effects of Demelan Cream
You may experience some major or minor side-effects of using this cream which may include-
- Irritant contact dermatitis
- Pigmentary changes
- Skin peeling
- Occasional photo-sensitivity has also been reported with kojic and glycolic acids.