Manufactured by Mascot Health Services Pvt. Ltd., Clobetasol propionate cream is a topical medication used to treat the itching and inflammation caused by a number of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and other allergic reactions.
Clobetasol propionate cream contains 0.5 mg/g clobetasol propionate in a cream base which has anti-inflammatory, antipruritic, and vasoconstrictive properties. The cream is used in a combination with other medications to treat their side effects and reactions.
How to Use Clobetasol Propionate Cream?
- Wash and dry your hands before using the cream. Clean and dry the affected area.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream to the affected area and gently rub to get it fully absorbed.
- Use twice daily or as directed by your doctor.
- Don’t bandage, wrap or cover the treated area unless directed by your doctor.
- After applying, wash your hands unless hands are the treated area.
- Don’t apply more than required or prescribed by your doctor.
- Use the cream only on the skin.
- Keep out of reach from children.
- Avoid getting into your eyes as it may worsen or cause glaucoma.
- Also, avoid getting this medication into your mouth and nose.
- Use this cream only for the condition prescribed and not for other purposes.
- Don’t use for more than 2 weeks and 50 grams per week unless instructed by your doctor to do so.
- Not at all recommended to be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Side Effects of Clobetasol Propionate Cream 0.05
You may experience burning, stinging, itchiness, dryness or redness during the initial phases of the usage. This should disappear in a few days as your body adjusts with the cream. Tell your doctor at once if you experience any serious side effects like skin thinning or discolouration, stretch marks, unwanted/extreme hair growth and hair bumps.
A very serious allergic reaction to this medicine is rare. Get medical help right away if you experience any serious allergic reactions like rashes, itching/swelling, dizziness or trouble breathing.