Benzoyl Peroxide Wash for Acne
Manufactured by Galderma, Benzac AC Wash comes in 3 concentrations- 2 , 5% and 10% of Benzoyl Peroxide to treat mild to moderate acne. The active ingredient benzoyl peroxide helps lock the pores and kills up to 94% of acne bacteria. It provides both cleansing and acne treatment action combined in one formula.
How to Use Benzac AC Wash?
- Apply Benzac wash to the affected areas, while avoiding any contact with eyes and mucous membranes and injured the skin.
- Rub gently with fingertips for 10-20 seconds.
- Work into a full lather and rinse thoroughly and then pat dry. If it causes too much dryness, you should clean off the cleanser sooner or use it less often.
- Use twice a day for best results.
- Before using this product, check if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Put a small amount of one or two areas of acne for three days. If you experience any allergic reactions, stop using the product and get medical help otherwise you can continue using the wash.
- If you are purchasing Benzac AC wash over-the-counter, follow all the instructions carefully. If your doctor has prescribed this medication, use it as instructed.
- Benzoyl peroxide may bleach the hair and fabrics. Thus, avoid contact with hair, clothes and furnishings by using it carefully.
The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy. Visible improvement is usually seen after 3 weeks of recommended usage and maximum benefits after 8 to 12 weeks.
Don’t increase your dosage or use more often than directed. It will increase the risks of side effects.
Side Effects of Using Benzac AC Wash
You may experience some major or minor side effects of using this Benzac wash which includes- skin peeling, irritation, itching and redness. Consult your doctor immediately if any of these conditions persist or worsen.