A-Ret Gel treats wrinkles, fine lines, age and sunspots. It is also capable of treating various skin hyperpigmentation conditions such as melasma, freckles, darker and lighter spots on the photodamaged skin. It has three concentrations- 0.025%- low strength, 0.05%- medium strength and 0.1%- maximum strength.
A-Ret Tretinoin Gel USP 0.1/0.05/0.025 is a non-oily, fast absorber and deep penetrating skin treatment. It is a Vitamin A metabolite plain water-based retinoic acid gel that belongs to retinoids family. It helps the skin to renew itself by preventing the spread and formation of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads.
A-Ret gel treats acne and wrinkles by peeling off dead skin cells, smoothing rough facial skin and reducing mottled skin discolouration.
Uses of A-Ret Tretinoin Gel USP
The gel is used to prevent and treat pimples. It also reduces the occurrence of new pimple breakouts and promotes the healing of the skin.
Wrinkled and rough/mottled skin:
The gel is used to treat wrinkles and patchy skin colour associated with excess UV exposure. It is mostly used with a combination of other medicines.
Directions for Use
- Consult your doctor starting to use any topical retinoids and tretinoin wrinkles treatment.
- Wash the area to be applied with warm soapy water or a soap-free cleanser and rinse with water.
- Remove all cosmetics before applying a gel. Gently dry the area and wait for 15 minutes to make sure the skin surface is completely dry.
- Squeeze a small amount of A-Ret gel on your fingertip.
- Apply the gel to the affected area once a day, preferably in the evening or just before the bedtime.
How Does Retinoic Acid Cream Work?
A-Ret 0.05% W/W Gel works by binding alpha, beta, and gamma retinoic acid receptors (RARs) and thus activating them. This produces changes in the gene expression that leads to decreased cell multiplication, inhibition of tumorigenesis and cell differentiation.
Benefits of Tretinoin Gel
Eliminates facial wrinkles, reduced signs of ageing, collagen production and restoration of skin.
- Improve skin elasticity, increase radiance and luminosity of the skin.
- Removal of acne scars and regeneration of damaged skin.
- It is an effective solution against melasma, chloasma, hyperpigmentation and freckles.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight while using A-Ret gel as it increases the sensitivity of your skin. Use protective measures such as sun-cream or protective clothing when you step out in the sun.
- It may cause a stinging sensation or a warmth feeling when you first start using it. Inform your doctor if condition worsens.
- Don’t use A-Ret gel if you are pregnant or breastfeeding without consulting your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if excessive skin dryness or skin sensitivity occurs.
In case of a missed dose, apply as soon as you remember. But, if its almost the time for the next dose, you can skip the missed one.
Side Effects of A-Ret Gel
You may experience some major and minor side effects of using this gel which may include- itching, peeling of skin, skin irritation, dry skin, dry lips, pale red skin, and increased sensitivity to light.